Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Gotta love the Bills...

When we had the surgery done the front desk girl was kind enough to call us and tell us that insurance would cover all but 20% of the surgery and our part would be $160. Ok, so $160 isn't too bad for surgery... we did the reverse percentage thing and found out the surgery was only about $800 total. Hmmm... for two tendons??? It seemed pretty cheap. Oh but that wasn't the WHOLE bill. That was just for the surgery center. Today we got the bill from The Bone and Joint center.... $2750....PER TENDON. Of course I just HAD to cut both... So $5500 for Dr. Powell's fee. Nice. Our portion was $516 so including the initial two visits... medicine and therapy we are up to $806 for this freakin surgery. Not to mention all the money I'm out from not being able to work!! I wish I could sue the chicken can company for my own stupidity. I think I'm going to look into insuring my hands with Lloyd's of London.

The good news?? I have a new cast-erpiece commissioned with the world renowned smocker/knitter/hooker/sewer/quilter/crafter... Mom. It should be arriving tomorrow and I can't WAIT to show you... you will DIE!!

Until then...

2 comments:

Caron said...

Shizz! I knew that was coming! You know... coulda had a baby for the same amount of money! HA!! I kid! Anyway... I knew it wouldn't take long for the blogging bug to bite you! Pretty soon you'll start posing pics of the hubs, and Piper, and Charlie...you'll see!

Anyway, you'll probably look back and be glad that you have a written account of all of this. Then, if ever you have a friend that say.... cuts her finger on a tuna can...you can give her this link for emotional support. And then you can be BFF!! HA!!!

Caron said...

oh, and I can't wait to say 'Haaaaay!' to you're new cast-erpiece!!